Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my little caterpillar

readers - so i have news.. remember that whole dilemma about interviewing and being preggers and all that jazz.. it's all done.. the position is not mine so back to focusing on the baby! :) a part of me is a bit disappointed.. only because if i'm not qualified for this position.. then i can't imagine what i am qualified for.. but the other part of me.. the ever growing part of me is a bit relieved.. i have always wanted to stay home with my baby.. and at this point.. i don't exactly have any other choice.. plus, the fact that newborn care is super expensive.. and if i don't have a job that pays well.. then there's really no point if all the money goes just for childcare.. know what i'm saying??

today marks 16 weeks.. and according to babycenter puncakes is the size of an avocado and for the next few weeks will be doubling in weight.. and increasing in length!! and even more importantly (or maybe really not) puncakes now has toenails!!!! is it just me that finds that exciting?? yes, probably..

i turned 33 this past weekend.. as i mentioned in my last post, we did the grown up thing and had dinner.. i also ended up having, what we call in my parts, a "mexican beer".. know what is?? i will paint the picture.. imagine a hot day.. you're all sweaty and feeling gross.. on a day like that.. there's nothing that tastes better than an ice-cold beer.. in a chilled glass.. with a salt rim and some lemon juice.. are you drooling yet?? that's exactly what i had.. and no one report me.. it was a non-alcoholic beer (o'douls) and it tasted FANTASTIC!!! i almost bought myself a 6-pack of o'douls today.. but that may be going just a bit overboard..

jeremy got me the cutest charm to add to a bracelet he bought me years ago (valentine's 2007).. on our wedding day, he bought me a little pink cupcake (for obvious reasons).. and this last weekend.. a really dainty butterfly.. i asked if it was supposed to represent anything.. and you know what he said?? he said a butterfly starts off as an egg.. then a caterpillar and eventually becomes a beautiful butterfly.. and guess who that sounds similar to??? yup.. puncakes!!! how cute is that?? my little caterpillar is slowly becoming a beautiful baby.. love love :)

cuppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment